Envision Africa (Pty) Ltd operates the www.envisionafrica.com website, which provides the SERVICE in terms of the POPI Act 4 of 2013
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information.
Cookies means a small text file (up to 4KB) created by a website that is stored in the user’s computer either temporarily for that session only or permanently on the hard disk (persistent cookie). Cookies provide a way for the website to recognize you and keep track of your preferences.
Data means information in electronic form;
Data subject means the person to whom personal information relates.
IP address means a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network,2
Personal information means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic, or social origin, color, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language, and birth of the person.
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person.
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other assignment to the person.
- the biometric information of the person.
- personal opinions, views, or preferences of the person.
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence.
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
POPIA means the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
Regulator means the Information Regulator.
Traffic data means any data processed for the purpose of the conveyance of a communication on an electronic communications network in respect of that communication and includes data relating to the routing, duration, or time of a communication.
User means a person who uses a computer or other device to access this website; and
Web browser means an application used to access and view this website. Well known web browsers include Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Safari.
Envision Africa does collects personal information whenever the “request a demo” form is completed. This information includes:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
USE AND DISCLOSURE
Envision Africa may use your personal information for the purposes of administering and improving the site, improving our services, or communicating with you.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with our contracted operators who administer and improve the website on our behalf.
Envision Africa will only disclose your personal information to third parties in limited circumstances in terms of POPIA. (For instance, to enable the South African Police Service to investigate a criminal offence).
You may visit Envision Africa’s website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address used by the data subject to access the website. Other information will be de-identified.
The information on IP addresses is aggregated to measure the number of visits, the average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. Envision Africa analyses non-identifiable traffic data to improve our services.
Envision Africa may collect, hold, and use statistical information about website visits to help us improve the website. Such information includes:
- Your IP address.
- The search terms you used.
- The pages accessed on Envision Africa’s website and the links visitors clicked on, the date and time you visited the website.
- The referring website (if any) through which you clicked through to Envision Africa’s website; and the type of web browser you use (e.g., Internet Explorer, Mozilla, or Firefox).
LINKS TO SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
Envision Africa uses social networking services such as LinkedIn and network sharing services to communicate with the Data Subjects and/or public/business about our products/services. When you communicate with Envision Africa through these services, that social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of Envision Africa’s website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged in to those services (including any Google service) while using Envision Africa’s website, their tracking will be associated with your profile with such service providers.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service.
- To provide the Service on our behalf.
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information that enable them to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are not permitted to disclose or use the information for any other purpose without prior written consent from Envision Africa or the party involved.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. It is important to note that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security especially when other sites have been visited that may have add-ons and carried over to your device
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Envision Africa will provide you with access to any personal information that we hold about you.
You may also request Envision Africa to correct your personal information on the form provided for this purpose.
Kindly contact the Information Officer or Deputy Information Officer to request access to your personal information or the correction of your personal information.
You can ask to be removed from any of Envision Africa’s communication lists at any time.